Here is the challenge, create a cocktail using:
- 1 Core Spirit
- 1 Liqueur
- Dr. Adam Elmegirab Bitters
- Optional additional splash/rinse/eggwhite
- Optional garnish (great, but optional)
Example core spirits include rum, whiskey, tequila, gin. That might be a gold rum, an american gin or even anejo tequila… just something in the core spirit category. Examples of a liqueur would be st. germaine elderflower, licor 43, triple sec, benedictine, heering cherry liqueur, agwa de bolivia, etc. Your optional rinse/splash may be vermouth or absinthe or grenadine, grapefruit juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, something that is very lightly used.
Dr. Adam Elmegirab Bitter Options:
- Teapot Bitters (sold out, will be back in stock very soon)
- Aphrodite Bitters
- Boker’s Bitters
- Dandelion & Burdock Bitters
- Spanish Bitters
1. It must be a spirit/liqueur that we can get access to so we can do the tasting locally. If it’s available on DrinkupNY.com or our NH Liqueur store then I can get the ingredient if it’s missing. Specific brands are optional (if we can get a gin like the one from your recipe, I’ll use it if that’s okay). If you are unsure please ask and we’ll let you know if it’s something we can get.
2. Must be unique and your own, not an off-the-shelf recipe. If you can’t name it we can do it for you.
3. Must be submitted for our voting by March 31st, 2013.
The Winner will receive a USD$25 Coupon for AwesomeDrinks.com!
Now, you can purchase your Dr. Adam Elmegirab Bitters anywhere, even though we carry them at the store in our bitters section. If you’re in the UK it might be cheaper to buy them over there (where they are created), I’m not 100% sure.
And, of course, if you have any questions or want to know if an ingredient is something we can find/use then just Contact us or leave a comment below.