Do you prefer sweet holiday cocktails or spicy holiday cocktails? Here are two cocktails that should answer both questions and bring holiday cheer to the table at Christmas (or your favorite winter holiday). One cocktail features Bailey’s Mint Chocolate Irish Cream, the other goes straight for the distilled likings of Ketel One Vodka.
For the sweet loves and the undecided:
Baileys Peppermint Cream
- 2 ounces Baileys with a Hint of Mint Chocolate
- 4 ounces Hot Chocolate
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Candy Cane
- Mint Leaf
1. Crush candy cane with the back of a spoon.
2. Combine hot chocolate and Baileys by pouring into a coffee mug.
3. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle crushed candy cane on top.
4. Garnish with mint leaf.
Then, for those that like to spice life up with ginger (we’ll be making this on our show):
- 1 1/2 ounces Ketel One Vodka
- 1 ounce Ginger Beer
- 1/2 ounce Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- Orange Bitters
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
2. Add Ketel One Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Fresh Lime Juice and Orange Bitters and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer.
While both cocktails seem like a tasty experiment on the palate, the Yule Mule seems to really touch on something new and different because of the heat you may get from that ginger. Of course, if you’re not a ginger fan this is a “no go” for sure, stick with the more dessert friendly Peppermint Cream alternative. In all reality, this is a no lose situation.